Sunday, November 7, 2010

tree

I'm laying here looking out my window, which allows me to see everyone individual walking from their dorm room to Blake, and there are some i know and some who I have no idea who they are or what they are all about. And I figure most people are like that. Hiding who they are, how they feel, and what they truly want to say, hoping that everyone just lets them keep walking. And then theres this tree, and for the last four years that I have been in my boss's office i have noticed this tree and each fall I fall in love with it more and more. Its fiery red leaves that at this moment are clinging the the tree and those that have fallen have managed to survive maintenance need to suck up ever sign of fall. Its these dark fiery red leaves that catch my eye every time I look out my window. The color reminds me of the color of the Cali Lillie's I want to hold at my wedding while the coldness of fall reminds me of the coldness of peoples heart and their disappearing acts. But all the same this tree still stands, it blows in the wind, lets some of the pieces fall and whenever I look back at it in the spring it will all be put together again, its kinda how Id like to view the human heart. It might get stomped on, squished, torn to shreds, and bleed a whole hell of a lot, but given time and the warmth of others (in the tree's case, spring) it heals and becomes hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment