Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Vacancy.com blog

I am applying for a scholarship from vacancy.com and they asked that we blog about our dream apartment from their site. So here it goes.

I am going to be a grad student a Plymouth State and lets be realistic paying 4,300 dollars a semester in rent there is not exactly my ideal situation, not to mention this doesn't include a meal plan. I've done the whole having a meal plan thing and honestly would rather cook my own meals then eat crappy sit under a heat lamp, potentially day old, pizza for lunch. My dream place is at Penacook Place because the amenities are decent and the rent is cheap. The draw back to this place is that it is 45 minutes away from my school, however, being closer than close to the city of Concord is an added benefit, seeing as this broke college kid is going to need a job.

The other thing about this place is that it has the option of including two bedrooms. This would give me more space to do homework, entertain, or just plain relax. For me, that second room would be my study. It would be where I did my homework or just laid around and read a good book. I have always wanted to have a library, so I think this would be a cool way to start. However, getting the cheaper apartment labeled the Tilton wouldn't be bad either. There is still ample space and I'd be less likely to collect even more unnecessary belongings.One thing I would love to be able to do is paint the apartment to match my style. Another benefit is that heat is included in the rent. As a self proclaimed hater of snow, sleet, and all other things cold during the winter, having heat included in the rent is an added bonus.
Dream bedroom: Big bed, fluffy comforter, lots of pillows. My bedroom is my safe place and lounging in bed with a good book, or a Harry Potter movie is one of my favorite past times. I also like the idea of designing my own bedroom, and really creating my own space that is different from my cement box dorm room that I currently reside in. The kitchen. Before this summer I would have told you that I can't cook, however, I have managed to learn how to cook, which I love. Having a full kitchen will let me plan and cook meals and the dishwasher will be a life safer because I hate washing dishes. This living room will be where all the movie and t.v. marathons will commence. I am addicted to the t.v. show NCIS and I know that popping a bag of popcorn and curling up on the couch to the wittiness of Anthony big D little i Big N little ozzo will be a definite must. 

The best thing about this place is the pool. I am a swimaholic and would used the pool everyday it was open until the day that it closed for the summer. Whether it be sun bathing, sitting on the edge and reading, or just jumping in for a quick dip, I would put the pool to good use. Not to mention it would be a great spot for me to toss my girlfriend in (won't she love that!).


So basically this kick butt apartment will help this broke college student save some money, have a little fun, oh and I guess I should probably do some homework too!
Here's the link http://www.vacancy.com/new-hampshire/penacook-apartments/penacook-place

No comments:

Post a Comment